May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

This weekend went by so quickly, but today was fun since it was Mother's Day! My day started off great, James slept in until 7:30, so I got an extra hour of sleep! We snuggled in bed until about 8:30 then started our day. There was a 10K run going on outside so I faced James' highchair towards the window, he enjoyed seeing all the people running in their different colored clothing. As he ate he kept pointing out the window and saying random words in his language. :) Then Baba and Dada surprised me with my Mother's Day gifts! James made me the best gift in the entire world, it's a box that he decorated. So cute! I have no idea when he did that, it was a great surprise that I will keep it forever! The card the got was so cute, it plays the Mickey Mouse song when you open it, so James had a lot of fun with it. He was dancing to the music, lol!

At about 10:30 we all went out for a walk. Although it's Mother's Day, we still needed to get groceries. Luckily I enjoy grocery shopping and it was a beautiful day. We took James to a local park to do some walking before getting into the stroller. He loved walking around the park by himself, he was very interested in his shadow and grass, etc. Lol! It amazing seeing things though a child's eyes, because I don't pay as much attention to these details anymore.

After our grocery shopping we stopped by Winners and picked up a beach bucket and accessory kit which came in handy later. On our way home, James fell asleep so of course we couldn't come home because he would have woken up once we entered the building. So instead we kept walking. We stopped for a bite to eat and that's when James woke up. As I nursed him we debated going home, but then thought why should we. James already had lunch, as did we, and it was gorgeous out. Mind you it was very windy, but nice and sunny. So we decided to take him to the park. Best decision ever! He had so much fun playing and walking around.

Then around 3:30 we headed home, Adit & I realized how tired we were since we were out walking since 10:30. I would have loved to take a nap, but I was getting highlights done at 4:30. Off I went to the salon as Adit & Alaya watched James. Adit was making his special roast for dinner that I absolutely love since I love my beef! Alaya was a sweet heart and brought some cupcakes for us! I enjoyed my dinner and dessert with my family and had an amazing day! Now I'm off to bed!

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day too!

Happy reading!

Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment